Sunday, November 29, 2009

December Book

A Deadly Love Triangle
Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants.
Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past.
Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him. Determined to have Elena, he'd kill to possess her.
Collected here in one volume for the first time, volumes one and two of The Vampire Diaries, the tale of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.
In book one of the first Vampire Diaries omnibus, The Awakening, Elena is a high school golden girl, the one boys want and girls want to be. And Elena is used to getting what she wants. When she meets handsome, haunted Stefan, he struggles to resist her because of his dark secret. Stefan is torn by guilt over his past, and mindful of the threat that his vengeful brother, Damon, poses to anyone Stefan gets close to. Soon Elena finds herself torn between two brothers—and in terrible danger.
In book two of the first Vampire Diaries omnibus, The Struggle, Elena quickly realizes that the only thing more dangerous that being in love with a vampire is being desired by two. As Stefan struggles to suppress his instinctive thirst, Damon persists in his quest for Elena's heart. A dark turn of events forces Elena to risk her mortality to save one of her immortal suitors

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I wasn't able to attend this particular meeting, much to my dismay. I hope you had fun! But I just had to share my opinion. I'm just about to finish the 5th book in the series. I loved the first four books. I loved how they were so fast paced, and actually gave me the creeps. I would be reading them and look around and snuggle down in my blankets for safety! :) But I have to say that this fifth book is just... blah! I don't like it at ALL. It has a totally different and evil feel. It is way to busy and just frustrates me like crazy! I was talking to a lady at the book store and she told me that the author wrote the first four in like the 80's. Then when vampires became all the rage again, she wrote the 5th, and soon a 6th. I think she really botched these latter books. Anyway... just wanted to share. Hope you are all well and can't wait to discuss City of Bones! Love that one!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete