Saturday, October 2, 2010

October's Book: Eat Pray Love

Hi ladies, Sam here. So Tami had surgery on both her feet, and while she can walk - sorta - she is not quite up to having us all over. So we decided to trade months. So I will be hosting October, and she will host November. AND I was so proud of myself, because I already knew what book I wanted to read! So I spoke with Melissa to make sure we had the months right, and then started reading my book. This morning I was thinking how proud everyone would be that I picked a book so quickly, and that it was not a self help book. And then it donned on me - so far only three of us even know what the book was!! I swear I DO have a brain, and some day I may even USE it!! Oh wow!! Anyway, sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, here is the book. And I have a copy and should probably finish sometime early next week, so if someone wants to borrow it, just let me know. Thanks!

Sam


This beautifully written, heartfelt memoir touched a nerve among both readers and reviewers. Elizabeth Gilbert tells how she made the difficult choice to leave behind all the trappings of modern American success (marriage, house in the country, career) and find, instead, what she truly wanted from life. Setting out for a year to study three different aspects of her nature amid three different cultures, Gilbert explored the art of pleasure in Italy and the art of devotion in India, and then a balance between the two on the Indonesian island of Bali. By turns rapturous and rueful, this wise and funny author (whom Booklist calls “Anne Lamott’s hip, yoga- practicing, footloose younger sister”) is poised to garner yet more adoring fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment